Letters of support have been sent to the council from far and wide, including many noteable figures, players past and present, board members and journalists among others. You can read some of the letters received below. We've removed personal details from these letters, but if you're writing to the council, don't forget to include your name, address and the application numbers. Click here for guidelines.
Luton Town manager
I may only have become Luton Towns manager quite recently but I have quickly learnt to love your town, love the diversity of its people, love the Club and love the supporters and Im looking forward to managing the Club for a long time bringing success to the town again.
Im writing to you to express my enthusiastic support for both of the planning applications at Power Court and Newlands Park submitted by 2020 Developments on behalf of Luton Town Football Club.
Overall, I really believe these plans are brilliant. Brilliant for the club, the town and its people. They will completely change the image of the town and what others think of Luton for our generation and future generations.
In particular, I really feel these applications should be supported because:
- Luton Town Football Club will get a brand new, iconic stadium which it needs so badly.
- The stadium design is amazing and will be a special place for fans to enjoy live football.
- The location is excellent because supporters wont need to drive and park, they can travel by public transport something which has been a huge success at my old club, Brighton.
- More importantly, the stadium isnt just for football fans, with the apartments, bars, shops, kids play areas, music venue and other features it will be for the good of the whole town and community and I love the way the beautiful St Marys Church becomes a focal point from visitors to Power Court.
- The proposals at Newlands are truly just as impressive. The jobs created by the iconic offices will be a fantastic boost to the local economy as would the retail and leisure park. I think the idea of the grass roof overlooking Stockwood Park where I frequently run and the crystal design of the cinema and leisure building are so unique they will be features that will help change Lutons image. Surely, this site will become a great gateway into a great town encouraging people to visit.
For all these reasons, I sincerely hope that both applications are unanimously supported by Luton Council. This really is a once in a lifetime opportunity that we cannot miss and I genuinely hope I will continue to be a contributor if and when they are built.
Mr Nathan Jones